Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shit Fire

     Well, we did it!  We are using bricks made of poop to heat the house......we were not sure it would work....but it does!  It does not stink either, I swear, cross my heart.  Joan has been making them regularly and Dylan and I have made some.  The process is not complicated and it only smells like manure until they dry.  Joan and I aren't bothered by the smell, Joan even less than me. Dixie really loves them - to eat.  I read an article with instructions and a list of benefits to making these poop bricks for fuel and using the ashes for the garden.  This guy, Rev. JD Hooker ( I swear, I don't lie) wrote about a 50% higher yield with his tomatoes in 5 years!!  This excites me more than it should probably but it feeds my reduce, reuse, recycle motto to it's fullest meaning.  The only draw back as of yet is it's difficult to light.  Once burning though it is hot and burns nice and slow, I can already taste the tomatoes.  Patience is NOT my best quality.......but I shall wait and continue to burn poo.